Cheree Heppe here:

I am operating an Iphone 4S on AT&T.  I also operate an Ipad Mini and and IPad
II.
Since Saturday, July 12, all mentioned devices blip off as far as VoiceOver is
concerned.  My daughter says the Ipad looks dead.  It won't re-start when the
lock/unlock and home button are pressed together.
Anybody know if AT&T are having issues with towers or anything?  Our office
director's Iphone simply went no bars and didn't work for about an hour, also
on Saturday morning.  She re-booted and her phone came back.
My devices have screen curtain enabled.  Maybe that's why my daughter sees the
dead looking screen.  The fact remains that the Ipad is, or seems to be, dead.

Regards,
Cheree Heppe

Sent from my IPhone 4S