As was said before, VLC has supported Opus since about 2012:

http://www.jbkempf.com/blog/tag/Opus

The IETF version is used in WebRTC and I have to wonder why we still have apps to download and install when it can all be done in a WebRTC compliant browser now. Maybe it's easier to monetize an app than a page. If everybody did go with Opus it would also mean that, at least for audio, interoperability would be quite possible. Of course once you get interoperable voice over IP, all kinds of FCC regulations kick in under the CVAA so there is some incentive for all the players to remain as separate islands.

CB