Hi Krister,

The question posed was, accessible audio editor. hence the only answer
currently is Pro Tools! :)
You got to spend a dime, or spend the time! ;)
Time is money and if you can't "scrub audio" diligently and have all the Audio
plug-ins you need to get the job done in 1 application!
You'll have a bunch of wasted time!
It doesn't matter if its a pod cast or an album project!
HTH
Chuck
YMMV

CHUCK REICHEL