Okay, here is what I posted about this a couple of months ago. I have been busy
and haven't been reading this thread so I apologize if this has already been
tried and no longer works. It isn't ideal but it is doable if it still works.

You have to do this blind, but then what else is new - grin! First, if you
haven't used selective sync, I think you assume all boxes are checked by
default. First, open dropbox on the computer you want to change - the dropbox
directory, that is. See if all folders are there. Take note of what you wish to
uncheck or, if you have used selective sync before and have unchecked folders,
what you want to check. Click on your dropbox icon in menu extras and click
settings and account. For selective sync, do vo-space on change settings. Go to
the browser, interact with it and turn on quick nav. Arrow down to each folder
and, if you wish, arrow right and down to do subfolders. Don't try to use
vo-space; just do space on the ones you want to change. You won't be able to
tell what is checked or unchecked, but having checked your dropbox folder you
will know what you want to change and can just do space accordingly on whatever
needs to be changed. When done, do vo-space on the update button and then do
vo-space on update again in response to the alert. Very soon, if not
immediately, you should be able to go back to dropbox directory in finder and
verify that your changes took place. One less job for your sighted friends and
family!

--
Cheryl

I tried and tried to turn over a new leaf.
I got crumpled wads of tear-stained paper
thrown in the trash!
Then God gave me a new heart and life:
His joy for my despairing tears!
And now, every day: