Hi,

Usually, web-sites that say that they require Adobe Reader don't actually
"require" Adobe Reader.  All that they require is that you have a pdf reader
installed.  Normally, Preview or pdfpen would do the job.  Adobe Reader also
installs an Internet Plugin that takes over Safari and other browsers making it
so that Adobe will often open within Safari in an embedded fashion which is
unusable to us VO users.  You can remove this plugin by going into your
Macintosh HD, Library, Internet Plugins and removing the Adobe Reader Internet
Plugin.  Adobe will still work, it just won't force it to be opened within your
browser.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada