I have not found playgrounds to be usable with Voiceover.  You can find the
output sidebar with the mouse when you have say text under mouse turned on,
but that isn't worth discussing at length.
You can run the swift repl in terminal by typing: xcrun swift
That will bring up lldb in swift repl mode.
If that doesn't work, you will have to make sure that the correct Xcode
version is selected as the environment.
You do this by typing sudo xcode-select -s
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer.
You can see what the current environment is by typing xcode-select -p.