Not sure if this has changed in Yosemite, but you may be able to find the auto-complete list that apple Mail builds within the Window menu.

On 10/18/2014 10:19 PM, Donald Bishop wrote:
Yes, that works, but I have a user which is no longer valid which comes up
while I’m typing and it’s kind of distracting.  I know there’s a way to get rid
of that address, but not sure what it is.

Thanks anyway for the reply,
Don