If you still have sighted help, have the person click in the password field,
then try typing. Once you log in, you can go to System Preferences and make
sure VoiceOver is set to come on at the login screen. If it is, try unchecking
and re-checking the box.

Have a great day,
Alex Hall
mehg...@icloud.com