Hi everyone, I'm really enjoying all the new goodness in Yosemite, and at least
on my system, it's magnitudes better than the first release of mavericks was.
Plenty to enjoy.
There's one efficiency hit I've taken that I've not seen commented on here,
although with so many messages of late, it's possible I've accidentally skipped
references to it.
I use Standard View in Mail, and Yosemite has adopted the iOS approach of
speaking the names of all participants in a mail thread before the subject.
Does anyone know if there is a way to move this around? For example, I've been
away from the list for a couple of days and came back to a 90 message
conversation. I had to sit through a very very long list of participants before
I could even hear the subject of the thread to determine whether it was of
interest to me or not. That's not particularly efficient. What I'd prefer to do
is hear the conversation's subject first, then if I have to hear the
participants, they could be spoken second.
When reading an email list where threads can get quite long, this current
behaviour can add a long time to the experience.
Thanks.
Jonathan Mosen
Mosen Consulting
Blindness technology eBooks, tutorials and training
http://Mosen.org