Hi,

Spotlight appears to work as it should for me as well.  Initially, the default
for the Search location appeared to be in the folder location that I was in,
so, it wasn’t finding what I wanted it to find.  Once I changed it to “this
Mac”, the search results populated fine.  I was able to narrow the results
easily by changing the “Kind” to Application or Document producing a more
manageable number of results.  I must not have used Spotlight in the same
manner as those who are finding it frustrating as I’ve found it not
particularly different than previous versions, so far.

Later…

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada