Hi Faisal. I had this problem too. It was after I upgraded to Yosemite. Just
had to reboot a couple days ago because it was getting stuck in the messages
app trying to retrieve the code to forward texts to my Mac and that solved both
issues. So short answer, try to reboot and see what happens.

Shawn
Sent From My White MacBook