Hi,

If you’re using iMap with Gmail, and you attempt to quit Mail too quickly after
performing a delete message, move message or something like that, Mail will
often either give you an error saying that it couldn’t complete the task or it
may just sit there for some time trying to complete the task.  Usually, it will
either eventually quit or stay confused forever.  this sort of thing has
happened in some previous versions of the MacOS as well.  Using iCloud iMap,
this doesn’t seem to occur.

Later…

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada