Hi,

VLC is a media player similar to winamp for windows and is very good.  There is
one called bittornent sync that is what I am using some what how ever it is not
that accessible.  It is easy to add your own folders, but you are unable to
retrieve the qr code to give to anyone you wish to share with.  I have not
found a way to connect to a folder using a code that someone gives me without
using the app for iOS then sharing it with myself using a link.  HTH.

Matthew