I just had to get my phone replaced due to my old one crapping out on me when I
tried to update to the latest version of IOS8, and had to purchase directly
through Apple, sense Sprint told me they couldn't send me a new one.  So now
after I called to have it activated, they did the test call, and I called the
number they gave me, and everything went fine, but now I'm getting this
"invalid sym," message, and now have no service.
  Has anyone else ever had this issue?  I did a google search for this, and it
looked like most people had to go back and forth between their Sprint and Apple
stores, something I don't have the time/money for, so have no idea what to do
here.