OS X is decidedly the technically superior OS, but alas, I am back to running
with the herd now, despite the inconveniences and compromises that you
naturally get in exchange for the over-promised and under-delivered features
and customisation in Windows, and contrary to the bizarre idea that a platform
is simply better because you can do more with it.  OS X is simply a more
enjoyable, seamless and satisfying environment than Windows will ever be, and
is built on a rock-solid foundation that you can exploit to full potential if
you desire.  Unfortunately, the pleasures of OS X will be no more for me at the
point where Apple stops supporting Mountain Lion, assuming no further
developments of technical merit, innovation of the screen reader, or concern
for the advanced user.  My MacBook now runs Windows 7 exclusively, as that's
simply the better choice across the board now for me, and I only run OS X
Mountain Lion on this iMac 2011 because I can do so and still get the best
value from it and many OS X apps.  I also, no doubt about it, relish in what I
consider to be one of Apple's finer releases, after a fairly shaky start, and
will miss it terribly when finally I have to abandon it.  All my other needs
are taken care of by Linux, running in virtual machines; I've even converted my
home Mac Mini server into a Linux box.  And I now have a ChromeBook, to
experiment with the future of cloudy clients.

Having said all that, please choose your platforms objectively and don't simply
run one platform or another in order to conform, because you just lose out in
the end if you restrict yourself.  There are lots of people I hear of who are
on Windows XP running on metal, who absolutely should be using OS X, because
they will never go to Win7 to save themselves.  I'll gladly get them using OS
X, and they get to keep their classic Start menu and working apps, especially
gaming and Office, in a XP VM.  Otherwise, virtualisation is a thing, so use it
to give yourself access to even more apps on the same machine when it's
convenient, in Windows or, if you're feeling plucky, Linux.  Such a pity OS X
cannot be virtualised, outside of OS X itself, without going down shady routes.

JMO, of course.