I have an update on this problem. I don’t know what I did, but now the speech
attribute hotkeys (VO command arrows) are working normally.
Now when I VO command arrow right and left I only hear the attribute name and
not the category as well. for example voice, rate, pitch, volume etc, and the
changes are applied globally to all categoriees. Before, when I was hearing
“default voice, default rate” etc, the changes would only be applied to that
category.
It bugs me that I don’t know how I corrected this.
I went into commands help (VO +HH and looked around a bit, then went into
keyboard help and pressed those hotkeys , and then things started working
normally.