When a thread on numeric keypad was started, only numeric keypad information
was wanted. But I thought I would mention another alternative which I am using
now with my iMac a lot of the time. I admit I kind of collect keyboards :-)

I have a full keyboard from Logitech: a k750 solar keyboard for Mac - you do
want the one that is specifically for Mac. This is a solar keyboard but instead
of running on bluetooth it has a usb receiver. This is the downside as it does
require a usb port but only the receiver is inserted; there are no cords
involved to get tangled up. This is not a very portable keyboard at all; it is
about the same length as the Apple usb keyboard that has a numeric keypad and
it is actually significantly larger measuring from back to front or maybe top
edge to bottom edge because the keyboard does not end with the top row which I
believe is because of the solar panel. It is sturdy but I wouldn't say it is
terribly heavy. It has little pieces (not really what I'd quite call feet) that
you can open out so your keyboard will have a slant and be slightly raised at
the top. It has an on/off switch and another press button not raised up from
the keyboard much for which I haven't figured out the purpose to the left of
the on/off switch. It has a 18-key keypad, including a long enter key and an
equals key. It also has a six-pack and cursor-cross between the numeric keypad
and the main keyboard but there isn't a lot of space between all of these
sections going from left to right; there is a well-defined area between the
six-pack and the cursor-cross. I have lately kind of settled on this as my
keyboard of choice for my iMac.

Warnings:
1. I had a terrible time figuring out how to change the function keys. I
finally had to download the Logitech control center from the logitech website:
not the same as the preference manager. This isn't very vo-friendly but by
tabbing I could find the checkbox and check or uncheck it. Once you do that I
think by tabbing you can also find a configuration button; you have to tab to
find this. I don't know whether this is vo-friendly or not; I understand you
can further customize the keyboard from the control center. There is also an
option for managing or adding unifying software which I haven't used at all;
I've heard that there are some  issues with this on Yosemite but don't know the
present status.

2. I suspect that this keyboard won't work with file vault. I am thinking of
going back to file vault so I will be able to confirm this eventually but you
might want to have an Apple keyboard or corded usb keyboard available for use
at startup if you are using file vault.

Again, this keyboard won't please everybody that wants a numeric keypad. It
could go in a fairly large backpack but most definitely not in a purse or
pocket! It is large but I would call it sturdy rather than clunky; I like
typing on it very much. If what you want is just a keypad this is not it; it's
a complete keyboard. Granted these caveats, I really like typing on it and I do
a lot of typing on my computer. If you don't care about the keypad but would
like a logitech, I would go instead with the easi-switch k811 or the k760 solar
keyboard for Mac, iPhone, iPad, etc., both of which are bluetooth,  But I think
the k750 solar keyboard for Mac is worth considering for anybody who wants
numeric keypad access but doesn't need a separate little keypad or a very
portable keyboard.

--
Cheryl

"Move forward by looking back!
"Above all, fear the Lord
and worship Him faithfully with all your heart;
consider the great things He has done for you."
(1 Samuel 12:24 (HCSB)