What format are the clips?
Most media types you can just use cat in terminal if you are comfortable doing
that.
cat clip1 clip2 >outputclip.  Note that to git all the combined clips contained
in outputclip to play, you will need to somehow rebuild the header information
in clip3.  I haven’t done this myself, but I’ve heard of people using mencoder
with great success for this.