Hi all,
I'm posting this in a couple places, so you may see it twice.

I'm frustrated with Wordpress. Their mobile app is great, but their website is
annoying with VO on the Mac. They claim to support Markdown, but don't return
MD text when you go to edit, and suddenly my blog stopped interpreting MD for
some reason. They also mess with the characters I use, replacing a double dash
with an em dash and an apostrophe with a single quote. I'm in search of a new
blogging platform, and here are the things I need, and don't need but would
like, it to support.

* Markdown support, and this is a must. I need to be able to post with
Markdown, and, when I edit, to be editing in Markdown. That is, I don't want to
post initially with Markdown, then get HTML when I go to edit. I know HTML, but
I hate working in it, especially on iOS.
* Free. I don't post often, so if there's a post or traffic limit for free
accounts, that's probably fine.
* Apps: I need it to be compatible with Mars Edit, unless the web interface is
truly amazing, and I'd love an iOS app. Wordpress has such an app, and while I
don't post with it, I love it for getting notified of new comments and taking
action on them from the app.
* I don't need, but would like, a good comments system. Readers should be able
to post with just a name or email address, not need to make an account or solve
a captcha. Anti-spam for comments is a must, since Wordpress tells me it's
blocked over two thousand spam comments on my two blog accounts to date.
* Auto-posting new blog posts to my Twitter account would be great, but isn't
required.
* A way for people to follow me by RSS is highly desired.
* The ability to include pictures is good. I haven't yet, but I'd like to.
Ideally, there would be a way to know where the image would be, how big it will
end up, and if text will wrap around it. Basically, an accessible way to know
roughly how the embedded image will look. Not what the image contains, but how
it impacts the layout of the rest of the post.

So, any ideas? I've heard that Tumblr would be a good choice, but that was from
a sighted person. I've also been told of Dreamwidth, a site I'd never heard of
but that one of my Twitter followers really enjoys. I'm not looking for
community *on the blog site*, as my community comes from comments and Twitter
more than any website. I do, though, need what I choose to meet the above
requirements. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

--
Have a great day,
Alex Hall