  From: Alex Hall
  To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, March 21, 2015 12:01 AM
  Subject: Re: audacity help please

  Video isn't going to happen, Audacity is audio only. You could use iMovie or
another app for adding the finished audio track to a video project.

  To do what you're wanting, just open Audacity; it will have a new project
open automatically. Hit cmd-comma, choose the Devices item from the table, and
interact with the scroll area, then review the items to be sure your audio
input is set how you want. Stop interacting twice, find the OK button, and
press it.

  Now, use R to record. Space will stop recording, and P will pause or resume
recording without stopping completely. Once you have the instrumental track,
and have pressed space to stop it, repeat the process for vocals, and any other
layers you want.

  Use up and down arrows to move through your different tracks. Vo-shift-m will
open a context menu, from where you can rename, move, and otherwise adjust each
track.

    On Mar 20, 2015, at 11:30 PM, 'Maxwell Ivey' via MacVisionaries