Sound flower is broken in Yosemite, and hasn't gotten updated yet. I'm not sure
where it came into this discussion--I thought the goal was recording via
microphone, but I was obviously mistaken. Audio Hijack, from
www.rogueamoeba.com, can do what you want, and www.applevis.com has a podcast I
did explaining that app. You can record using Audio Hijack, then edit the
resulting files in Audacity.

Chris, I'm not sure why you'd want to switch to Audacity over Pro Tools, if you
already have it. Pro Tools is way more advanced and polished, from what I hear;
Audacity is great for a lot of things, but it's still free. If you have Pro
Tools already, I can't see an advantage is not using it and using Audacity
instead.

As to all the effects you asked about, I've not done that kind of work. All I
can do is point you to the online help and forums, and suggest you go through
all the options in the Effects menu. Those dialogs should all be accessible,
though you'll need to tab through them or focus won't follow you to edit fields
correctly. Keep in mind that Audacity can also handle any Nyqvist plugins you
want to throw at it, so you may well find a third-party effect you prefer and
use that instead.
> On Mar 21, 2015, at 1:15 AM, 'Maxwell Ivey' via MacVisionaries
> <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> then what is the answer? i did some checking into sound flower but can't seam
> to find a way to use it and quick time to accomplish my goal. would love your
> help please. thanks, max
> On Mar 21, 2015, at 12:06 AM, Christopher-Mark Gilland wrote:
>
>> Max, I don't think that Audasity will let you record video.
>> ---
>> Check out my web site at:
>> http://www.clgproductions.net
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "'Maxwell Ivey' via MacVisionaries"