That is correct. The App Store app itself has no preference settings. Instead you have to go to System Preferences and then find App Store in there to access the automatic update settings. That's not confusing at all :) Even though I've had automatic updates on for a while it does require reboots for some updates so that still requires you to interrupt what you're doing. I don't have an SSD drive but supposedly laptops with those will do updates while the machine is closed and sleeping.

CB

On 4/14/15 10:24 AM, Christopher-Mark Gilland wrote:
OK, it might be in system prefs under software update, not the app store prefs. The message wasn't very clear. Sorry about that.
Chris.

    ----- Original Message -----
    *From:* Marshall Scott <mailto:mfsc...@mac.com>
    *To:* macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
    <mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
    *Sent:* Tuesday, April 14, 2015 9:36 AM
    *Subject:* App Store Preferences WasRe: Wow! Now how cool is that!
    of a discovery!

    I don't see any preferences for the App Store. Am I stupid or what?
    Thanks,
    Marshall

    On Apr 14, 2015, at 12:26 AM, Christopher-Mark Gilland
    <clgillan...@gmail.com <mailto:clgillan...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Oh

    Groups "MacVisionaries" group.
    send an email to macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
    <mailto:macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
    To post to this group, send email to
    macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
    <mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MacVisionaries" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to macvisionaries@googlegroups.com <mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯