Yes I can duplicate that also. Another thing is that if you have it unchecked
and turn voiceover off the next time you turn it on you'll have it checked
again. I've also found a possibly related bug that sometimes the trackpad
commander just randomly stops working. I usually notice this after sleep or
reboot. But when I go into voieover utility and toggle off the trackpad
commander the trackpad behaves normally so I have no idea what is going on with
that but I think it may be related to the AppleScript checkbox.