Not infrequently, I have noticed documents are saved in icloud by default.  If
you haven't saved many more documents after the one you are looking for, open
TextEdit, go to file menu and down arrow to open recent.  Expand the menu with
right arrow key and you may find the title of your document there.  You may
also try and go to the icloud folder with the shortcut key executed from the
Finder, command+i.  There you should find another folder called TextEdit.  Your
document might be there.

Good luck

Andrew