What you can easily do doesn't mean it's still doable. You need to
insure the limit, because you'll be wasting your time if you stick in
2 4 gb sticks if it only supports 4 gb. Also you get faster speeds
through duel channel, so 2 2 gb sticks would be best in that case.
Best solution would probably be to call apple/take it to a store.

HTH,

- --
Take care,
Ty