I have some good news for you--unless you're really dumb and start
installing stuff you shouldn't, or go to sites you shouldn't you don't
get viruses. Even more shocking is that generally this applies to
Windows as well.

The thing with cleaners, whether or not you want to believe the
article is that it can clean up cookies (which you can do from
safari). There are things it can wipe out, but when it starts messing
with ~Libraries and other important folders, you have a chance for
things to go wrong and they sometimes do. Is it worth that risk for a
whole 3 gb?

If you know the mac, you can just do that work yourself without the
risk. Otherwise I recommend you save $40 and just consider the 3 GB a
lost cause.

Thanks,
The constantly sock-footed me.

On 8/21/2015 12:14 AM, Ray Foret Jr wrote:
> Red it, and, frankly, I don't buy it:  no pun intended.  This
> article reminded me rather too much of the crowd who stupidly and
> naively believes that Macs don't get viruses and thus don't need
> either anti virus or anti malware software.
>
> Sincerely, The Constantly Barefooted Ray
>
> Still a happy Mac, Verizon Wireless iPhone 6+ and Apple TV user!
>
> Sent from my Mac, the only computer with full accessibility for the
> blind built-in
>
> -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the
> Google Groups "MacVisionaries" group. To unsubscribe from this
> group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
> macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:macvisionaries+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to
> this group, send email to macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>. Visit this group at