Nope, Apple doesn't allow it as per their license but lots of folks have made "hackintoshes". The recipies I've read made it sound rather painful and buggy. You have to have pretty decent hardware and OSX assumes certain things so there's lots of driver fiddling to make it all work well. For some it's a fun puzzle to solve. For me I'd rather spend my time doing stuff with the computer, not debugging it.

As far as the other way around, MS seems to not care if you virtualize their OS and Apple is fine with you virtualizing OSX on Apple hardware so you could, say, run OSX 10.7 on an OSX 10.10 machine.

CB

On 8/29/15 7:19 PM, Jonathan C. Cohn wrote:
Does the Apple license allow this? I would also expect issues with the recovery
partition

Jonathan Cohn

On Aug 29, 2015, at 1:57 PM, george b <gbma...@gmail.com> wrote:

You now can buy v m fusion for windows to run osx mac as a v m machine

-----Original Message-----
From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com [mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Sabahattin Gucukoglu
Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2015 10:56
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: all in 1 pc or I mac that is the question.

Well, of course, you won’t be running OS X on non-Apple hardware (a PC) without
some serious hacking.  So, if you intend to run OS X, you’d better have that
iMac.  You can always run Windows on your iMac.

I recently got one.  Relative to other machines on the market, they are by no
means the fastest or most powerful, but it’s hard to argue with the robustness
of the design, OS X (compared to present-day Windows, anyway) and the overall
experience.  Macs have great resale value and there’s a good reason for
that—they’re great value in the long term, whereas many Windows boxes purchased
are penny wise and pound foolish and tend to deliver fairly frustrating
experiences.

JMO.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯