Chris’s solution worked for me. The cell format has to be set to “numerical
system”, not “numbers”, for this to work. However, this will force a specific
number of numerical places to be displayed. For instance, if you set it to ten
and enter 001234, the cell will show as 0000001234. Setting the data type to
“text” instead may be more limiting, but will completely fix this particular
display issue.

Grant