sorry to keep bringing this up, but I just tried to go into recovery mode to
see what I could do to fix the partitions, but, I can't do anything with GDISK,
because there's no "sudo," or "su" commands in this version of terminal.
however, i didind that I was in root, oweing to the # at the directory. also,
typing GDISK at the prompt yeilds a not found message. any ideas anyone?