Thank you, Anne, for your response.  I should have mentioned that I have Tim
Sniffen’s book, and it is indeed helpful.  I’m more of a keyboard shortcut
person than a trackpad user, so some of the advice is not immediately useable
to me; but I appreciate the clear style of his explanations  and the
thoroughness of his approach.

Craig