I agree with Anne’s suggestions. I’d also look under the commanders tab and
configure either the keyboard commander, the trackpad commander, or both. For
example, I’ve configured keyboard shortcuts to launch my most frequently used
apps such as RIGHT OPTION + M for mail, RIGHT Option PLUS R for ReadKit, etc..
I’ve also set up RIGHT OPTION + SPACE to toggle whether VoiceOver is muted
because I find it quicker to implement than the default trackpad gesture, a
three finger double-tap. You can also set up a keyboard shortcut to announce
the date and time. That option is under the “custom commands, run AppleScript”
option when adding a new keyboard command. The script you want is in the
VoiceOver folder. You may also wish to add an activity which will set the
verbosity to low when you are in the mail app. If you don’t do this, you’ll
hear “collapsed disclosure triangle” for every thread when in the standard mail
view. I think those are all the options I can think of which I would configure
right away. These instructions are obviously extremely brief so let me know if
you’d like me to elaborate on any of this. This applies to OS X Yosemite.

Grant

On Sep 25, 2015, at 12:29 AM, Singing Sparrow <sunsh...@abe.midco.net> wrote:

what other changes would you recommand i make to make it easier to work with
voiceover?