Hi,

I had my Mac Book restored to Yosemity last week.  I’ve recopied my files back
onto the computer, but have a question about the files I copied over from a USB
drive.

I copied 3 folders from my  Windows 8 computer.  The files are a combination of
.DOC (MS Word) .TXT & .PDF files.  They are in the folders on the Mac.
However, before I get to the file names I recognize, I have a series of files
that all seem to begin with ~$ then the file name.  Some say they are MS Word
docs, but others indicate they are Unixe executable files.  I have no idea why
they are there or where they came from.  Can anyone please explain what they
are, why they are there and can I delete them from the folders?  Below the list
of all the ones that start with ~$ is the real file list of names I am able to
open in Text Edit and read.

Thanks for any input.

Eileen