Adobe Digital Editions works for reading PDFs but you don’t have the same
ability to read by character, word, line, etc. I use it for reading DRM
protected books from Kobo since the Kobo application doesn’t work on Mac.
Kobo for iOS works pretty well except for turning pages to get to where you
left off in a chapter. For that, you have to turn VoiceOver off and do a
one-finger swipe left to turn a page.
It stops reading at the end of a chapter, at which point you double-tap on an
item labelled iPad Scrubber Arrows to the right of Location in Book. It says
iPad whether you read on an iPad or an iPhone.
For the Library, it has to be organised by title, as the list of books by
author is not accessible.
I really need to write a user guide for Applevis. Oh yes, and Braille works
fine with Kobo.

Cheers,

Anne

> On 8 Nov 2015, at 23:32, Blee Blat <bleeb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Ok, I have a few PDF's that I've just been using preview for. How is Adobe
> Digital Editions different? And how is Kobo different than Kindle or iBooks.
> I'm not a huge fan of Kindle because a lot of the books I'd like to read are
> only on free sample.
> But iBooks on the phone is lovely if I could just get the app store to stop
> signing in and out every reboot it'd be lovely too but restoring the phone
> did not fix that but that's another thread it's only related to this one
> because I had to click thrice to buy a book yesterday. :)

> list.

> ---

list.