On 18 nov. 2009, at 20:12, Chris Hofstader wrote:

> I suppose the only possible positive is that Apple could create two classes
> of Macintosh: a full priced MacBook Pro for $1199 or one locked down with ads
> for $599 giving a slightly crippled solution to people who want to save some
> money.

I think such patents would rather apply to mobile devices, within third party
apps.
I can imagine that Apple has patented this relatively obvious process so that
all the app developers who want to implement such processes for iPhone would
have to pay a license to Apple.

I can't see such processes implemented as part of a "subsidizing package" for
Mac users. The best proof is that Apple has _always_ refused to put all the
ugly stickers makers are famous for putting on PC cases. Intel first.

Jean-Christophe Helary