Everyone needs to chill out and take a few seconds to look at what's
going on here.

Firstly, whilst apple do like there money, there not stupid. They kno
that if this were to ever happen, the amount of protesting by there
users would cause them such bad pr eventually that it wouldn't be
worth doing it even if it did bring them in some money as in the long
term, it would be them that would be losing out. On top of this, they
kno that a matter of days / weeks after they released this "feature",
all the major tech sites would be running stories about how to disable
the adds - its just the nature of some techy people, if they don't
want to put up with something, they won't.

I agree with those of you who think that they've done it to stop
another company from doing it. What probably happened was that they
were given some info about how another software company were going to
do it and since they felt that it was such a bad idea, they acted in
the best interest of consumers and secured the paitent.

Calm down people, nothing to see here.

On 19/11/2009, Tiffany D <tiffani...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I doubt Apple would do that too because then no one would buy their
> products.  It's also crazy to think they'd put the ads directly in the
> os, particularly since company's products change so much.  I mean,
> what would happen if, for some reason, someone really did want to buy
> a product but didn't upgrade the os, so clicked on a link that no
> longer existed?  If Microsoft etc. decide to go down that route, Apple
> just might follow them.  I'm glad that I'm switching to Enhanced
> DR-DOS for most serious work.  I'd like to see them try to mess with
> that os, particularly since it's free.  But if they put these ads on
> webpages, Net-Tamer or even the more modern browsers and screenreaders
> like VocalEyes, Provox and so on probably wouldn't like them too much
> and that could cause problems.  You can be certain that if Apple does
> this, the only product I'll be using of their's will be my IIGS.
>
> Later,
> Eleni
>
> On 19/11/2009, Thomas McMahan <de.kf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> And does anyone remember Juno e-mail?