+1
I can configure and generally manage Apache running on a remote Mac Mini pretty well with just SSH. You might be surprised what you can do with a little Googling around. For example, depending on your flavor of OSX, you can install all updates by typing sudo softwareupdate -iva. You can, like all unix boxes, reboot the machine with sudo shutdown -r now. There are the other obvious things like sftp to transfer files or you can turn on filesharing via terminal as well and just mount the remote machine's drive so you can use your favorite local apps to edit things.

CB