From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com [mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Sabahattin Gucukoglu
Sent: Monday, 9 May 2016 10:30 PM
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Keeping iOS apps in sync with Mac

App slicing is this new technology that means that you only have the binary
code and data your app actually requires on a given device.  Example: you have
a 64-bit chip, so you don’t need 32-bit code.  You no longer download a
complete app with everything packed inside, but download only the bits you need
and construct an app installation on a per-device basis for whatever state it
is in.

You’ve been able to hide purchases for a while now, when it isn’t broken.  You
need iTunes on Mac/PC, but if you go to your Purchased page (it’s under Quick
Links on any iTunes Store page), go to the Apps tab and make sure “All” and
“iPhone” are selected (use iPad for iPad-only apps), you can see all your apps
and hide any of them.  Spend some time doing that.  Now, turn off syncing of
apps to your device, turn off installation of new apps, turn off “Automatic
Downloads” in iTunes for apps, and throw away all apps in your iTunes library.
Use App Store on your device exclusively, and (optionally) turn on updates.
You are now in the position to download and test an app, and immediately remove
it if you’re unhappy with it.  You can easily refund apps you don’t want, and
have less opportunity to buy wastefully or get blacklisted by Apple for the
returns process.  This is all very worthwhile.

list.

list.