By not simple I mean you don’t just run an app.  You need to download Python
scripts and configure them by editing a text file.  Then you run them on a
schedule.  The scripts need to know your SMTP server and/or need to be able to
call sendmail to send you the email.  The newest versions also know how to
write directly into an IMAP mailbox, which avoids a lot of the problems of
using SMTP or sendmail, and means you can store news into a folder.

It is indeed very slick, because you get all your RSS in the same way you get
your email.  I have a couple of folders set up that RSS gets filtered into, and
if I want to share I can do so from wherever I am by forwarding the article
with headers in tact (you’ll have seen me do this on this list from time to
time).  Both iOS and Mac Mail can handle the messages just fine, and of course
I can delete and mark read and do all the things I can do with email.

If there was a downside, I’d say it’s that Mac Mail isn’t very nice at handling
HTML email.  It should be more like iOS, which works beautifully with it.
Together with the activities bug in El Cap, this setup is horrible when you
have, as I do, an activity for the web.

list.