Hi carlene
You wrote:
> What would make my MacMini say "selection replaced 0 items selected" every
> few minutes?  How would I go about fixing this problem because every time it
> does this Voiceover stops reading.  If I'm doing something away from the
> computer, it drives me nuts after a while.  I've relaunched Finder which used
> to stop it, but now it starts doing this again in an hour or two.  I had to
> relaunch finder several times yesterday.  I started shutting my computer down
> at night so it gets a clean boot every day.  This was happening when I first
> got my computer and seemed to subside for a while but it's back.  I have
> reinstalled SL once already because of a focus issue.  I took my text edit
> document that I open nearly every day out of the dock thinking that might
> help, but it didn't.  Any ideas?

In my experience, this usually happens when you are either mounting or removing
 either an external HD or a DMG file. Have you tried trashing Voice Over's
.plist files? You might want to save them first though as this will set Voice
Over back to its defaults.

To do this:
1. Open finder and navigate to your users folder
2. Find the correct user(if there is more than one)
3. Navigate to the Preferences folder which is inside the Library folder and
remove the apple.com.VoiceOver.plist files

Hope this helps

TC
James