Let me assure you Alex, and the other fine folks on this list, that no
insult was intended. In fact, I find the vast majority of people extremely
helpful and highly knowledgeable about all aspects of computing, and
especially on the topic of Voiceover.

Regarding NVDA, it must be remembered that the fine people behind this free
screen reader are dedicated to providing a way into computers for those who,
on the one hand can't afford the price of keeping up with the latest
offering from Freedom, and on the other hand there are those who simply
don't agree with paying for something that should be provided by Microsoft.

I used to have a payed licence for Window-Eyes, but now get it free because
of the Microsoft offer. So, Alex, I do not have a problem with a free screen
reader providing it works well for me.

I would love to know the Mac as well as some of the folks on this list do.
Sadly, I get discouraged with the recurring problems of bugs that can be so
time consuming.

I have noticed that others on this list, and when I say others I mean very
knowledgeable others, also find that Apple seem to be less committed to
accessibility now than in the past. The difference between the folks behind
NVDA and those behind the Voiceover project is that one is driven by
compassion while the other is driven by profits.

I would highly recommend NVDA to any user of Windows. Had it been around
when I first started to use a computer I would have had no hesitation in
using it. Indeed, I would have been more than happy to make a donation to
its upkeep. Sadly, my poor old brain just can't learn any more keystrokes.
JAWS, Window-Eyes and Voiceover have just about done for this tired old
piece of hardware running yesterday's software.
Respectively Yours:
M Brown

list.