Although FileMaker is the primary DB for apple and PC cross
compatability, it is not the only solution out there.  The folks at
tidbits like a program I believe is called retrospect.  I have thought
about testing it out, but never took the time.  Also note, that the
macintosh comes with a copy  of mySQL which might be of help.

I am kind of itching for a project right now, so if you want me to dig
into this contact me privately at jonc...@cox.net

Thanks,

Jonathan Cohn