I don't normally use screen readers.  I tried NVDA just to see what it
was like.

Word:
It works OK in Word.

Excel:
I have just now tried it in Excel.  It worked ok in Excel just now.

Winamp:
I have tried in in Winamp.  It does not read the tool tips in
Windamp.  The menu headings are not read.  The menu bodies are read.
The headings down the side are read

Jask PaintShopPro 8:
It does now read the munus in PaintShopPro.

Nero Burning ROM 8:
It works OK in Nero StartSmart and Nero Burning ROM.  It died crash
when using Nero.

MS Internet Explorier:
It works in this but it did crash the first time I use it.  I have
found it to be quite unreliable.  But it does work well when it works.

Spottify:
This is completley inaccessable using NVDA.  The search bar is the
only accessable part of it.  This is not a supprise!  I have written
to them on their forums about their use of ClearType and I was
eventually told they dident have any resurses to deal wit it at the
moment.  Otheres have complained about this before.

Nero Home:
A media Centre Application from Nero.  It is completely in effectaive
in this.  The interface is very graphical.  Hover the dialogue to
configure the DVB-T Tuner Card Works.

Adobe Acrobat 9:
This works very well.  It reads the document from the beginning.  You
can use the search and it will start reading from that point on in the
doument.

ZoneAlarm Popups:
ZoneAlarm Firewall Alerts are read by NVDA.  Originally It didn't read
them.  Now it does.

BBC iPlayer Desktop:
This is now accessable in NVDA.

Google Earth:
A few tips but nothing else is read.  nNone of the menues or the
headings down the side are read.

Outlook Express:
This works OK.  I have just tried it now all the headings are read in
the inbox.  All the menues are read in the new mail edit window.  It
is possible to edit mail.

Mozilla Firefox:
This appears to work well.  On the www.sky.com sign in page there was
a button that had no graphic on it and the tool tip wasn't read out
but I knew it was the sign in button.

Addobe Flash:
This needless to say was inaccessable.  It is only accessable if the
cont providers make content that is accessable!  This is a dreadful
situation.  I normally use screen magnifiers so this does now normally
affect me.

Pinnicle Studio 9:
Video Editing Software.  This is quite good using NVDA.  The menues
are read.  The toool tips are read.  I would of course not use it
rendering a movie.  But just trying it now and stopping it I didn't
have any problems.

CDEX:
CD Ripping software.  This works in NVDA.  I have noticed that greyed
out menus are not announced by NVDA.  You don't know if the menu
option you want to use is usable just by listing to NVDA.

These are just a few applications I have just tried to see if NVDA
works.  There are a few problem areas.  However it seems to work for a
few programs.  The voice is probably not the best, but is better than
Microsoft Dave.  I did find it rather unreliable earler.  Doing this
piece using NVDA I have found it workable.

I find the way you can move mouse and hear wat is under the mouse is
good.  This is like VO on the Mac.  The Mac voices are better that
NVDA.

This was joust my initial exploration of this program.
.