Cristine, congratulations first off on getting it working! Isn't that such a great feeling? And, the sound is un! freaking! beatable! and, that's coming from an audio engineer, so that's saying something! I still to this day, even just on my play 1's can't believe the sound!

Shruggs, you know... The short answer to your question about the mac version of the Sonos controller: yes, it can? be done, but, it's a royal pain in the ass. Excuse my language. Like you said, there are lots of images, and unlabeled buttons. I'm glad that this topic actually came up on the list, as I'd like to see you guys write Sonos and express your concerns about this. I don't get why they have made it work so well on Windows, iOS, and Android, but not OSX. It's definitely very annoying. Alas, the short answer is, yes, it can be done, but it's very much hit and miss until you learn what those controls are/do. Yeah, theoretically, you could look at the Windows version, learn the order of the controls, then move that over to the mac. The problem though is, I'm not sure if the controls in tab order on Windows are the same order as they appear in VO right and left arrow order on the mac. They probably are, but don't count on it. I'm a bit reluctant to tell you this is the absolute fact case.

Some of the buttons have help tags with VO+Shift+H, but not many, admittedly. Now, what you could! do, provided someone could sit down with you who's sighted, is, you could! in theory, go through those controls and images, hit VO+Slash on them, and then label them, but that's really a headache, not to mention, not a very viable way to get this working, I'll totally agree with you there.

This is why I say, we really need to write Sonos and let them know our concerns about this. Trust me. These guys really do care about us, and accessibility. My guess is, not many blind people have expressed interest to them about making that platform of the app accessible. I agree, they should have done so anyway, but the bottom line is, like it or not, they didn't. So, we need to voice our opinions. One person, being myself, though I'm a tester, isn't going to make them do it. They need a high enough demand. So even if you don't have a Sonos system, might I encourage you all to write them anyway, and just express your concern in this matter. It really would help us users out tremendously!

They're on Twitter:

@Sonossupport

and Facebook.

There's also a contact link on the website, with a phone number, as well as a way to e-mail them.

Chris.
list.