Ok, mine is much more complicated, it has 6 different surround modes, an input
selector, arrow keys, volume and some other keys to assign.  There’s also a
screen on the front, I need to get you that part number I’ll do that.

I’m not sure I had to set anything specifically in my setup, I just wired the
optical out to the sound bar optical in and used the remote to adjust the base
level.

Mine also has an HDMI pass through where you can deliver sound via the HDMI
rather than optical but as mentioned I had issues with that consistently
working.  I’m sure it is the sound bar though since your TV audio works just
fine as does mine.  We also have the same brand of TV so I would assume the
optics and electronics are very similar.  I think you’re heading in the right
direction.  Interesting about the receiver.  I’venever had this  issue so not
sure, my receiver worked just fine as well but again my receiver I used at the
time was a very very high end Denon.

list.