Angle gestures are significantly easier for anyone who, at one time in the
past, had enough vision to write print / handwriting, no matter the level of
vision loss now. We did some (not rigorous) experimentation with a few people
from both vision and never had vision backgrounds, and found that those who had
vision were able to master the angle gestures.

Android's very open configurability is fabulous. almost all gestures can be
assigned to different commands. However, until they open up for multiple finger
gestures, or change from right-angle gestures to arcs, or in some other way
adjust the gesture input such that totally congenitally blind people are able
to perform them consistently without training, I cannot use the devices as a
power user, or recommend the device to power users who fit the above
limitations. Note: if and when Google makes the necessary adjustments to
TalkBack, I will start using those devices much more regularly.

Kind regards,

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
Mobile: +61 488 988 936