From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com [mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of Scott Granados
Sent: Sunday, 23 April 2017 2:48 AM
To: MacVisionaries 'Chris Blouch' via <macvisionaries@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: And here's an example of why Apple is losing the digital assistant
game

Ray, if Tim Cook were a decent CEO Apple wouldn’t be in this problem.  Here’s a
guy who has totally rested on Steve Job’s laurels.  Let’s think about it,
exactly how much has the iPhone changed since Job’s death.  Siri has completely
stagnated, the shape is basically unchanged, the video processor hasn’t been
changed in several versions, the Modems are now and have been consistently
behind the times, and the big change is to add the Fingerprint censor to the
rest of the product line?  Really?  Dropping the phone jack is the only brassy
thing that Apple has done since 2012.
            Siri bothers me the most though because Apple was first and had a
great idea that they squandered in my opinion.  I will give them credit on
developing the A10 processor which is a good thing (and the previous apple
series processors) but let’s face it, that part of the operation is actually
farmed out to another company.  They need to breathe new life in to the design
team and stop doing stupid things like buying karaoke car pool, Lyft and stop
buying stolen headphone designs from Dr Dre who ripped them off from Monster
cable’s designer.
            I’m not sure I’ll bother writing Tim Cook but I may go to the next
stock holders meeting.  The iMac is at least a chance to redeem themselves and
it looks like they may, here’s hoping but it’s not that hard to design good
laptops and PCs.  They really just need to get it in gear.

On Apr 22, 2017, at 8:30 AM, Ray Foret jr