I just tried it on my Imac running Mac OS 10.6.2.  I waited for a minute and I
didn't get any speach.  I read the top of the page with VoiceOver and it said
that Web Anywhere was initialized and ready to use.  If it was initialized, why
didn't I get speach?

On Jan 6, 2010, at 10:28 PM, Richie Gardenhire wrote:

> Hi, If you want to try something different, try a product called Web
> Anywhere.  It is an experimental screenreader that can be used anywhere there
> is a computer.  I've tried it and it does work on Macs.  To activate it, open
> Safari, and in your default homepage bar, type the following:
> www.wa.cs.washington.edu, then wait a few seconds and Web Anywhere should
> start talking.  It will not work for some desktop applications or
> spreadsheets.  It is, at best, an entry level screenreader, but it quite
> good.  I had to disable VoiceOver once Web Anywhere began speaking.  Good
> luck and check it out.  Richie Gardenhire, Anchorage, Alaska.

Ryan Mann
rmann0...@gmail.com
Get to the root of the problem with the US economy at http://www.dailypaul.com.