Not sure what it's doing but Safari is repeatedly doing requests to /cgi-bin/getsound.pl on the washington site. Repeatedly as in one or two requests per second over and over. This is being invoked in scripts.php on line 104. Not sure what that line does since they minified all the code to near illegibility and with no comments.

CB

Chris Blouch wrote:
I had to drop the www off the front of the URL before it would load up. After that it didn't seem to give any speech although the keyboard shortcuts did move focus around and such.

CB

Richie Gardenhire wrote:
Hi, If you want to try something different, try a product called Web Anywhere. It is an experimental screenreader that can be used anywhere there is a computer. I've tried it and it does work on Macs. To activate it, open Safari, and in your default homepage bar, type the following: www.wa.cs.washington.edu, then wait a few seconds and Web Anywhere should start talking. It will not work for some desktop applications or spreadsheets. It is, at best, an entry level screenreader, but it quite good. I had to disable VoiceOver once Web Anywhere began speaking. Good luck and check it out. Richie Gardenhire, Anchorage, Alaska.