Face recognition and hacial expression recognition are two very different
concepts. Save for identical twins, each person's face print is different. In
actuality, the same is true for each person's fingerprints. However, the way
the technology captures fingerprint data, and faceprint data for that matter,
is not as unique. The fingerprint, faceprint, and even irisprint data is
converted into a complex numerical code algarithm.

Facial expressions are most often also calculated using numerical face
algarithms for coding positions of various parts of the face.

There is both universality and locality in facial expressions. This is observed
in the differences between voluntary and involuntary facial expressions. The
voluntary facial expressions are quite often culturally dependent. The
involuntary expressions, on the other hand are universal. However, sighted
people learn tu mute / minimize there involuntary facial expressions by the
time they are 9 to 11 years old. In many cultures, it is the more negative
emotional expressions which are most often culturally muted.

This topic is very strongly researched, and blindness and facial expressions
was my masters thesis topic.

Kind regards,

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
Mobile: +61 488 988 936
Sent from my iPhone

> On 24 Sep 2017, at 11:46, Karen Lewellen <klewel...@shellworld.net> wrote:
>
> Well speaking only for myself,  I can tell you that sarcasm even with facial
> expressions has no universal dictionary.
> It is one thing I wonder about using face recognition  on IPhone as some sort
> of security.
> There are simply too many expressions, and interpretation of those
> expressions.  It is one reason why audio description helps those from
> different  cultures, regardless of eye chart score.
> Speaking only for myself, I feel even suggesting that sight and blindness are
>  some two sided uniformed concept misleads everyone, simply does not work
> that simply.
> Now back to dinner.  What is the name of the fish & chips heaven chain?
> I hope it is national!  I really love all things seafood.
> Seriously, words are neutral in my view, we bring to them our own definitions
> largely.   meaning in my view that how we respond, the power to be insulted,
> in theory lies entirely with ourselves.
> Kare
>

>> On Sat, 23 Sep 2017, David & his pack of dogs wrote:
>>
>> Well, you'd be surprised or maybe not, how many people in this world take
>> offense at my comments especially in emails.  Even in person.  With the
>> sighted, I think, cannot they see my facial expression? For the record, the
>> Lobster out east supposedly tastes better than the one in the west here. The
>> Oysters in Fanny bay are delicious, though. As is the Salmon.  Now, I better
>> get off this subject because, I too am getting hungry.  One of the chains
>> here has all the fish and chips you can eat every Tuesday.  The fish is Cod
>> and each piece is half the size of a dinner plate.

>>> yet.  However, I think they charged me for D A.  Either that or it was

list.