Hi Anders,

You cannot simply copy the installer over to the USB stick when creating this
via Terminal.  What you need to do is:

1.  Use a minimum 8 GB USB stick.
2.  Format the USB stick to MacOS Extended (Journaled) and make sure it is
named "Untitled".
3.  Make sure that the High Sierra installer is in the Applications folder of
your Mac.
4.  Enter the following into terminal:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\
Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled
--applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --nointeraction

5.  Press return.
6.  Terminal will ask for your password.  Enter it and go have a drink.  The
process should take about half an hour.

HTH.

Later...

Tim Kilburn